This is the exact mold I use to create the most unique looking heart shaped hot chocolate bombs you've ever seen. The shape is modern and gives your finished bombs a very curvy look.
There are 8 cavities and they are super deep, holding a generous 6.5 TB of filling. The silicone is heat-resistant so you could make mini cake-lets or stuff them full of marshmallows and hot cocoa as a super cute hot chocolate bomb.
It's made of a super soft and flexible silicone. The interior surface of the mold has a brushed look and feel to it (compared to the glossy or shiny types).
This means that if you're working with chocolate, it will yield more of a matte look, instead of glossy. See the photographs of my hot chocolate bombs to get more of an idea of what it would look like.
Working with silicone molds offers many key advantages:
- Nonstick surface for cakes or other baked goods
- Yields professional and matte molded chocolates
- Durable and safe from -40 to 446 °F (-40 to 230 °C)
- Dishwasher, oven, microwave, and freezer safe
- Super flexible, so removing delicate items just requires turning the mold inside out
If you're looking for a little inspiration on how to use these molds, I have a couple tutorials on how I made them into hot chocolate bombs: